The Early Start Program helps prepare you for a successful academic experience and introduces you to the campus community.
Some new students find adapting to a college environment challenging because it involves learning new technologies, having good study skills, and knowing how to employ time management in meeting deadlines for assignments and exams.
As a participant in our Early Start Program, you will receive an in-depth orientation on campus life, what to expect from your classes, and how to be prepared for starting your college career. You'll learn about:
- Tutoring and other assistance available in the Academic Resource Center
- University Library resources
- Campus technology and systems like One.IU, Canvas and university email
- Strategies and tips for academic success
- Key faculty and staff members
- Ways to connect with and build relationships with other students through campus clubs and organizations
The good news is that previous participants earned better grades during their first year as an IUPUC student, were more likely to remain in school full-time, and were more likely to serve as student leaders among their peers through participating in student groups and work-study employment.