Finish What You Started

IUPUC is a great place to finish your degree. You'll enjoy small class sizes, personal attention from faculty and staff, and challanging academic programs.

Are you a transfer applicant?

Transfer applicants are defined as students who have completed at least 12 credit hours of college coursework following high school. If you are unsure as to whether you should apply as a transfer student use our find my applicant type tool to confirm.

Crimson Pride Transfer Student Scholarship - $2,000

The Crimson Pride Transfer Student Scholarship award is an admission-based scholarship available to all incoming students transferring to IUPUC from another college or university outside of the IU system. The award is renewable for up to two years, awarding $2,000 per year. This scholarship is automatically awarded to qualified students at the time of admission. 

As a prospective transfer student, your admissions counselor is Elizabeth Connolly.

How to Apply

Click the plus signs to walk through everything you need to know in order to sucessfully apply for admission to IUPUC.

Before you begin the application process, there are a few things you should do to prepare yourself.

1. Know important deadlines

Apply for admission as early as possible. Applications are processed as they are received. Please allow three weeks for processing after all materials are submitted. For priority admission consideration, please submit your application and all additional materials by these dates:

  • Fall semester: July 15

  • Spring semester: December 15

  • Summer session I: April 1

  • Summer session II: May 15

2. Review admission standards

Students must have a minimum college cumulative GPA of 2.0 on a 4.0 scale before applying.

Your high school transcript and test scores will be reviewed as part of the admission process if you have completed fewer than 26 semester hours (or 39 quarter hours) of college coursework. In general, if your high school record does not meet our freshman admission standards, you will not be considered for admission as a transfer student until you have completed at least 26 semester hours (or 39 quarter hours) of transferable academic work at another institution.

3. Research academic programs

We recommend you learn about IUPUC's academic programs so you can better complete the "Academic Goals" section of our application. Exploring our majors will give you a better idea as to what we offer and if we offer the major you are interested in.

Degrees & majors

4. Learn about costs and financial assistance

We offer one of the state’s most affordable educational values and our banded tuition helps keep you on track to graduate in four years or less. Use our helpful tool to estimate the costs associated with attending IUPUC. 

Cost calculator

You have many options when it comes to finding financial aid to pay for college. Before you get too far along in the college admissions process, make sure you understand the types of aid available to you.

Financial aid

There are several steps you’ll take to complete your application for admission. We cannot process your application until we have received all your application materials, so be sure to submit everything as soon as possible. If your application is incomplete, it will delay the review process.

1. Complete and submit the IU Shared Application

The application includes a $65 application fee. The application fee is non-refundable. If you prefer to submit a hard copy of your application, you may complete an application at our campus or you may request a PDF version by emailing

2. Submit any additional required documentation

You will be required to submit an official college transcript from any college or university you've attendedFor any transcripts we request of you, you must contact the school and request your transcript be sent to IUPUC.

  • For Electronic Delivery (preferred method): Please have each transcript sent to the following email address –
  • For Mail Delivery: Please have transcripts mailed to the following mailing address – 
    ATTN: Office of Admissions
    4601 Central Avenue
    Columbus, IN 47203

In addition to the transcript we may need your official high school transcript if you have completed fewer than 26 credit hours of transferrable college coursework. You can order your transcript from Parchment Exchange™ at

Here are a couple things you can do while you wait for an admissions decision!

1. Make changes to your application

To make changes to your submitted application, please email and the changes you need made. An admissions staff member will respond with any additional steps we need you to take.

2. Check the status of your application

If you would like to get a status update of your application, please call the Office of Admissions at (812) 348-7390 or email

3. Apply for financial aid

If you haven't filed a FAFSA yet, now is a great time. You will need to file a FAFSA each year you wish to receive aid. IUPUC's FAFSA federal school code is E01033.

4. Meet your admissions counselor

To get all your questions answered and to learn more about IUPUC, we recommend you schedule a time to meet with your admissions counselor.

5. Cancel your application

If you wish to cancel your application for any reason, please call the Office of Admissions at (812) 348-7390 or email and include your name and date of birth. 

If you have already registered for courses and no longer wish to attend IUPUC, you will need to follow the steps on the Office of Registrar’s website to withdraw and avoid any fees or tuition charges.

Ready to Apply?

Use the IU shared application to apply to IUPUC.

Apply now


Transfer credit to IUPUC from elsewhere

If and when you are accepted as a degree-seeking student, your transcript will be officially evaluated for transfer credit. Only credit taken from a regionally accredited instiution with a grade of C or higher may transfer to IUPUC. Your academic advisor will discuss with you how your transfer credits apply to your degree plan.

Transfer credit from IUPUC to elsewhere

If you plan to use an IUPUC course to satisfy a degree requirement at your home college or university, consult your advisor at that institution to confirm the course meets their requirements.