By being a Student Ambassador, you not only get to make new friends, become an on-campus leader, and share your love of IUPUC with prospective students – you also get paid to do it! You will also develop professional skills such as public speaking, teamwork, leadership, and event management while having fun, making memories, and becoming more involved on campus. This is a great opportunity to build your resume while creating lifelong friendships with your fellow Ambassadors.
Represent the Crimson Pride
Student Ambassadors play a vital role in the Office of Recruitment and Admissions. As an Ambassador, you will be expected to:
- Represent IUPUC in a positive and professional manner
- Greet visitors with a smile and positive attitude
- Lead tours of the IUPUC campus
- Educate prospective students and other guests about IUPUC (campus layout, academic majors, student life, etc.)
- Share your own positive experiences about IUPUC
- Take part in student panel discussions and Q&A sessions
- Attend high school visits with IUPUC Admissions Counselors
- Assist staff in the Office of Recruitment and Admissions with projects and special events
- Must be able to commit approximately 35 hours a semester to the program. This job is primarily event-based but there are weekly mandatory meetings that take place over the course of the semester.
- Must be willing to commit to serving as a Student Ambassador for one academic year.
- Mandatory work events include VIP Days, Explore, High School Counselor Breakfast, and Just for Juniors.
- Must maintain a minimum cumulative GPA of 2.7
- Must be a current undergraduate student of IUPUC
- All incoming freshmen and current sophomores, juniors, and seniors are welcome to apply
- Enthusiastic about IUPUC
- Effective communicator
- Enjoys helping others
The Office of Recruitment and Admissions collects applications for incoming Student Ambassadors every spring semester. Interviews and trainings are held during the summer.
If you are hired, you will participate in three paid training sessions prior to the first day of class in August. Communication about the days and times of these sessions will be conveyed through your IU email and the IUPUC Student Ambassador Training site on Canvas.
As this position is event-oriented, Student Ambassadors work approximately 35 hours a semester. The average Ambassador works between 1-6 hours per week. This includes mandatory weekly meetings which are scheduled at the beginning of each semester based on the current Ambassadors’ availability.
- Student Ambassadors earn $10.15 an hour
- Work-study eligible students are encouraged to apply
Karen Torres is the supervisor for the Student Ambassador program. If you have any questions about the program, contact her at 812.348.7334 or email@example.com. We look forward to meeting you!